In room 19 my group in reading Kiwi have been reading All shipshape and ready to sail. This was about getting ready to sail in a optimist dinghy and checking important things before sailing. Once we had read we than had a task to do. The task we had to do was to draw a optimist dinghy and label different parts of the boat. Also here is a little check list that you might need to check before sailing a optimist dinghy!
- Is your Life jacket on and done up?
- Remember to put the rudder blade down when you get going because it helps the boat to move.
- Are the drains plugs in so the boat doesn't fill up with water.
- Have you got the bailer tied in?
- A last look at the weather.